VOLUNTEERING AT PS11
Welcome, Parents! We know how much you love our school and we thank you for your willingness to offer your valuable time to help make it such an amazing place for our kids. This year, we are kicking off the 11 for 11 Initiative: we ask every parent to find a way to put in 11 hours of volunteer time for PS 11. Let us connect you with the perfect opportunity:
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinators with any questions!
How Can I Volunteer?
Volunteering is as simple as:
- Introduce yourself! In only two minutes you can fill out the Parent Survey and tell us what kind of opportunities interest you, when you might like to volunteer, and any special skills you have. This helps us to direct opportunities to the right people!
- Find an opportunity and sign up through our online scheduling tool, VolunteerSpot.
There are so many different ways for you to support your school! Below are only some of the opportunities that are available... Fill out the Parent Survey or contact the Volunteer Coordinators to find out about more!
Volunteer From Home
There are many ways to support your school from your own home or computer. Data entry, graphic design, translation, "Thank you" letters — these and other projects are perfect for parents who want to help but struggle to get to school during the day.
Volunteer For Annual Events
Big PS11 events and fundraisers are happening throughout the year. We would love to get you involved as early as possible! In addition to the upcoming events below, we will also need parent volunteers throughout the year to help out with off-site events like Comedy for A Cause and the Spring Gala, as well as school-based initiatives, including K&G Valentines, Book Fairs, the Coin Drive and the Box Top Drive.
Help us match you to your favorite project or sign up now for:
Spelling Bee — October 14, 15 & 18
Fall Festival — Saturday, October 17
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in more regular opportunities, there's always a spot for you! While these opportunities occur regularly, commitments are flexible:
- Kindergarten Morning Drop-off (M-F, 8:30-9:05am): sign up on VolunteerSpot
- Lunch (M-F, various times mid-day): Help children navigate the salad bar and learn about the healthy foods they're eating. Contact Debbie to volunteer!
- Classroom Kitchen (M-F, various times all day): Our kitchen needs assistance with the setup and cleanup of cooking lessons. Contact Debbie to volunteer!
- Library (M-F, various times all day): Contact the Library to volunteer!
- Farm to Table: Chickens, Gardening, Farmer's Market and more!
- Lost and Found: Help us reunite our kids with gloves, coats, lunchboxes and more.
Committees & Leadership
At PS11 there are great opportunities to put your organizational skills to good use and to stay engaged with the students and school! Join our engaged PTA, hop onto one of our many organizational committees or help us to create an avenue for those of you with specialized skills to help the school shine.
If your child goes to PS11, you're already in the PTA! Come join us for a meeting.
PS11 Committees help to organize our annual events and fundraisers, as well as manage many of the fun and important programs offered throughout the school year. From the chicken coop and the Farmer's Market to Valentine's Day celebrations, we would love your involvement!
I Need Volunteers!
If you are a parent or educator who needs volunteers for their event, or if you want to explore ideas about volunteerism at PS11, please contact the Volunteer Coordinators.
We are in the process of creating a standard request form, and will have it soon! Thanks!